“Refreshing, encouraging and realistic. The perfect tool for filmmakers,” -Deborah Gillels, 20th Century Fox
I left reeling with a confidence ringing out from within my heart saying – ‘I CAN DO THIS!'” – Paul Burleson, Song-n-Story Ministries
“He gives the secrets of the trade he has mastered for decades. Anyone serious about becoming a producer should take David Heavener’s seminar.” – Michael Gavino, Producer/Writer/Actor
These online video classes are 60-minute in-depth tutorials with David guiding you directly to your goal of acting, writing or producing your film. With each video you’ll receive written assignments to walk you through the process.
Upon completion of your assignments and passing the test, the Academy issues your document of certification. The Academy’s approval equips you to move forward in the industry. The certification is your diploma showing that you have been mentored by David Heavener and successfully met the requirements.
Filmmaking Workshops: Live & Online
This groundbreaking series provides a no-nonsense guide to writing, producing and distributing your film. Whether you’re a movie buff with a great idea, or a film school graduate, everyone can learn from David’s easy-to-follow steps, and obtain the DIY tricks he has finessed in his 30 years of self-taught filmmaking. These are proven steps used by David’s students around the world.
How to complete the film you’ve always wanted to make with confidence and success. The course is based on David’s unique program “Write it! Shoot it! Sell it!” The secret to David’s filmmaking success is in his principles which he reveals in this amazing program where you discover everything you need to launch your career in just a short period of time!
David describes how to determine your purpose in filmmaking, which in turn allows you to define and refine your mission statement. This will keep you on track throughout your career. David overviews how the Hollywood system works, and he explains the techniques to develop your concept.
- Why most filmmakers fail but how you can insure your success
- How the Hollywood game works
- How to transform your idea, story or book into a full length screenplay
- How to develop dynamic characters
- How to pen compelling dialog
- Structure and format
- The key to selecting your genre, including sub-genre
- The process of script development:
- How to write the one-liner, synopsis, one-paragrapher, and step outline
- The genre to produce
- Write a script that’s dynamic
- Secrets of raising the money
- Produce a high quality look even on a budget
- Market and sell your film
- Discover the “new world” of filmmaking